It took a while, partly due to me being too enthusiastic about implementing Android 12 support and therefore having to wait for Google to drop SDK 31. But it’s here! AnonAddy for Android 3.0.0!
This update is the biggest update the app has seen since the initial release, bringing a major design overhaul, new features and enhanced support for Android 12.
Starting with the major design overhaul
The application now has a more spacious, playful design that should make it easier to recognize and use buttons and actions, in addition to this, each screen is now equipped with a “One-handed” mode. Swipe down on any screen to bring the content down for easier access to elements at the top of the screen.
Users running Android 12 (particularly Material You users) will notice that the new widget and app icon now dynamically blend in with the rest of the system theme and wallpaper.
Material You builds
The application itself will keep its own identity with a custom color palette. However, I’ve made available a special “flavor” of the app that takes
full advantage of the Material You color palette. With this flavor of the app, the app fully adapts to your system theme. This flavor is only
available on Gitlab
A new widget!
A new stats widgets allows flexing with your aliases! Expand the widget to see even more information!
As mentioned before, this widget colors with your system theme on Android 12 devices to always look good.
Introducing “Email action integration”
Sending email from an alias when you click a “Send mail” button on a website, or when you have selected an email address? It’s now possible!
Create an alias anywhere without opening the app? I got you!
If you have selected an email address you will be given the option to perform an action with the AnonAddy for Android app.
If you have selected an email address that does not exist with one of your AnonAddy domains, AFA will immediately create it for you.
If this alias already exists you will see the management page for this alias.
Do you select a different email address? Then you can choose to send an email to this address from an alias!
Those were the highlights for this version.
I have thoroughly tested the app together with some other enthusiastic AnonAddy for Android users to make sure that this app runs as smoothly as possible on all devices. Of course I expect something to come out and that’s why I’m extra alert to crashes this week and I’ll try to release updates as soon as possible.
Full Changelog 👇
- Added a brand new statistic widget for flexing with your AnonAddy stats, resize the widget to show and rearrange the stats
- It’s now possible to “forget” your alias from the app
- Introducing “Email action integration”, create aliases and send emails from aliases from… anywhere! Without opening the app! Open the new ” Features and integrations” section in the app settings to learn more
- Keep the app up-to-date with the new “AnonAddy updater”, allowing your to check for updates and get notified when new updates are available
- 🎨 Massive UI redesign with Android 12 and simplicity in mind
- One-handed interface, simply swipe down from any screen to move content down for better accessibility
- Cards and raises are now used for a clean-looking, easier-to-understand design
- The initials of your AnonAddy username are now used instead of the user icon, along with your system accent color
- A new app icon, that changes according to your system accent (Android 12 only)
- Softer colors
- Bigger, clearer buttons with more space between elements
- Animations! Most progressbars are now replaced with morphing buttons
- Improved shimmers
- Improved tablet layout
- Updated shared domains list
- Select the recipients for an alias when creating a new alias
- Performance improvements to make the app even smoother
There is more to come!
I’m already working on the next update with more new functionalities. Turn on the new update notifications to receive new updates the fastest 😉